This statement is the Phoenix CTC, General Data Policy Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Statement. The new GDPR legislation, effective from 25th May 2018, will be adhered to by the club at all times.
1. Phoenix CTC will ensure that all data held is accurate and old records deleted. The club will collect and maintain the following data relating to its members; Name (Title, First Name, Surname), Cycling UK Membership Number, Postal Address, Phone Number and Email Address. All data held will be password protected.
2. The data held is used only to record current membership details, to send information to members concerning club activities (including photographs) and other relevant information. The club does not share or sell on any data to any third party.
3. The club requests that on all club rides, each rider carries details of Next of Kin and preferred contact numbers with them. The Ride Leader will confirm at the beginning of each ride that they have this information available. This information will only be used in a case of emergency (ICE).
4. The members data will only be retained on record for the duration of their membership and will be deleted if a member decides to cease membership.
5. The Membership Secretary of Phoenix CTC will act as the dedicated GDPR Protection Officer (DPO) and will be responsible for maintaining club data records.
6. The DPO may, as required, produce for the committee and trip organisers, a list of contact details for an organised club activity.
7. The DPO will keep the committee and Ride Leaders updated on the clubs GDPR policy.